BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Big Move

Well it's been awhile since I've updated, and a lot has happened!  Since my last post, I traveled to Pennsylvania to interview for a new job... and since then I've accepted it and moved!  I am the new Assistant Director of Sales for TargetX - a social media and electronic marketing firm in Bristol, PA - just across the river from New Jersey, and north of Philadelphia.  


It's been a whirlwind of a couple months!  I got back from PA to AZ on February 9th to a huge storm in Phoenix and rumors of massive snowfall in Prescott, so I spent the night with Karla and Scott in the Valley to avoid the bad weather... and I'm glad I did!  Embry-Riddle was closed the whole next day due to weather.  I drove back up late the next morning once some of the snow and ice had melted, and faxed my offer letter back to TargetX signed that day.  The decision was made, I was moving east.

After the decision was made, everything happened so fast!  I turned in my 2 weeks notice to ERAU, dad started planning to fly out to help me pack and drive the truck across the country, and my apartment complex told me that either I could be out by March 1, or pay rent for the entire month of March... so I started packing.  My last day at Riddle was February 24, and they had a nice potluck luncheon for me - I was gone by 1PM.  

The next day I was driving to Las Vegas for TargetX's annual users conference - and I woke up sick that morning... great start.  The summit went well overall, and I had a great time getting to know my new coworkers - we had a blast.  At our group dinner on the final night of the conference, they had the servers at Maggianos serenade me for my birthday the next day....  On my birthday, I got up and had breakfast with part of the team before they headed for the airport, and I was back on the road to Prescott to finish packing (dad was already there loading the truck).

We got most of the truck loaded (thanks Dad!!) and had a birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse with Jason, Dave, Angel, and Rob and called it a night.  The next morning it was pack, clean, and get out of town - we were gone by 1:00 Sunday afternoon.  We (well, Dad) drove several really long days across the country from I-40 to I-70 to I-76 and were within 10 miles of my new home by dinnertime on Wednesday night.... you could say we made good time.

Thursday I signed my lease and got the keys and we unloaded everything, with the help of Mike from work.  A little creativity and even my bed was where it belonged (apparently the Queen boxspring was too big for my staircase... or so it thought).  Dad stayed through the weekend to help unpack some stuff and to get some furniture purchased and assembled...

I started the new job first thing Monday morning - guess I can't sit still for long.  While I'm still looking at boxes in several rooms, I'm finally starting to feel a little more settled....  getting into a routine, getting used to my 45 minute commute (and finally having my EZ-Pass, thank God!) and starting to put together a social calendar for myself - and planning to see all the friends that now live within driving distance for some weekend trips! 

It's always an adventure :)

0 comments: