So tonight I came back from a slow high school fair back to the hotel... thought I'd get a beer from the microbrewery downstairs. I brought my stuff up to my room, and headed down to the bar - got myself a beer to go. On the way back, I got to the elevator at the same time as a bunch of priests - there is a hispanic Catholic priest convention in the hotel this week. Needless to say, they let me in first, and I stood by the numbers... next thing I know, there are priests all over the place, and I am crammed into the corner of the elevator with spanish words flying every which way... They were calling out floor numbers, talking to or at or about me (note that I speak enough spanish that i was able to respond to several of them)... interesting ride - ask my poor mom who was on the phone with me and had to hold on while I was in the elevator since all she could hear was loud spanish and me laughing.
Pretty sure that was the highlight of the trip so far... going home tomorrow for 8 whole days! Yay!
0 comments:
Post a Comment